The use of KDL types in the TaskBrowser
You need to check out the rtt_geometry stack which contains the kdl_typekit
and build&install it using the provided Makefile (uses defaults) or CMakeLists.txt (if you want to modify paths).
Import the kdl_typekit in Orocos by using the 'import' Deployment command in the TaskBrowser or the 'Import' Deployment property in your deployment xml file:
Creation of variables of a KDL type
- Make sure you've loaded the KDL typekit, by checking all available types in the TaskBrowser:
- In the list you should find eg. KDL.Frame, so you can create a variable z of this type by:
var KDL.Frame z
- z has a standard value now (Identity frame), there are multiple ways to change it:
z.p = KDL.Vector(1,2,3)
z.M=KDL.Rotation(0,1.57,0) (roll, pitch, yaw angles???)
- You can check the current value by just typing it's variable name, for this example, z.
- Look in the KDL typekit for more details