Sometime ago I asked on this list whether to use Orocos-1.x or 2.0 for
my new project, and based on the responses I decided to use 1.10. I
downloaded, cross-compiled, installed 1.10 and everything works. Today,
had some spare time and decided to look at 2.0.
I couldn't get it working. Here is what I did.
[Orocos will be used on a freescale MP5200b processor with ELDK. I do
_not_ want to install it for my laptop's native Ubuntu 10.04 amd64
1. wget -c
2. tar jxvf orocos-toolchain-2.0.1-src.tar.bz2
3. cd orocos-toolchain-2.0.1
I told it to ask me before installing new packages. When it wanted to
install libxml2 and so on, I told it "no" and the script aborted. (I
don't want to install these orocos dependencies on my native system.
5. orocos-toolchain-2.0.1/README.txt mentions "See the
autoproj/README.txt file to customize build and install options."
However, the directory autoproj/ has no file called README.txt (or any
readme type file)
6. Figuring that I'm on my own, I did: cd rtt;mkdir build;cd build;
7. export CMAKE_INCLUDE_PATH=/the/proper/paths;export
8. CC=ppc_6xx-gcc CXX=ppc_6xx-g++ LD=ppc_6xx-ld ccmake -i ..
This step found all dependencies, there were no errors. after
configuring and generating I typed
At this point, I got a bunch of errors because it couldn't find the
boost headers (why?)
Scanning dependencies of target orocos-rtt-gnulinux_dynamic
[ 1%] Building CXX object
In file included from
error: boost/intrusive_ptr.hpp: No such file or directory
error: boost/function.hpp: No such file or directory
error: boost/shared_ptr.hpp: No such file or directory
10. To make sure my environment variables were correct, I did:
cd /path/to/orocos-rtt-1.10.4/build/;rm -rf *;
11. The same cmake command as above i.e.
CC=ppc_6xx-gcc CXX=ppc_6xx-g++ LD=ppc_6xx-ld ccmake -i ..
12. After configuring and generating I typed make and everything built
13. I manually verified the presence of the headers that rtt considered
missing. They are there.
So what am I missing?