One month has passed since our historical 2.0.0 release, so it was about time to release the more-than-minor fixes and extensions of the v2.x line. Here is the Orocos Toolchain v2.1.0, helping us better than ever to build all sorts of robots and machines.
You can find all the info at the usual places, starting from the http://www.orocos.org/toolchain page, but here's the juicy stuff summarized:
- Important fixes in the corba transport layer - memory management and bugfixes
- Improved TaskBrowser - layout, help, ';' matlab-like syntax
- Improved Deployer - new corbaComponent operation and better library loading
- Improved user data type support - displaying and manipulating data in the
TaskBrowser and scripts
- Improved win32 support - port of the 1.12.0 release fixes
- New application building CMake macros - See the installation manual
And a bunch of overall bugfixes that were first tested on the 2.0.x branch. The documentation was also improved and updated. See the RTT 2.1 Changes document for a more extensive summary.
We will continue to focus on improving the tools around the RTT in the coming months in order to help you build, monitor and interact with applications.
You can choose to automate the installation using the bootstrap script, which will fetch the 2.1 branch for you, or download a zip/tar ball package:
- bootstrap: http://www.orocos.org/wiki/orocos/toolchain/quick-start
- zip/tar: http://www.orocos.org/stable/toolchain/v2.1.0
A special thank you for all those brave souls that tested and improved the 2.0.x releases. You all make the Orocos Toolchain shine.