Possible 1.10.x and CORBA 3 keywords conflict?

Just updated my system to OpenSuse 11.2 with the provided binaries (from their build service) of ace-tao 5.7.5-13.1. Appears the ace-tao IDLs were updated (??) and there are some keyword conflicts. My build exposed 2 conflicts (default build with CORBA enabled):

/usr/bin/tao_idl: "/home/cliff/dev/orocos-rtt-1.10.2/src/corba/DataFlow.idl", line 52: spelling differs from IDL keyword only in case: "PortType" /usr/bin/tao_idl: "/home/cliff/dev/orocos-rtt-1.10.2/src/corba/DataFlow.idl", line 93: spelling differs from IDL keyword only in case: "PortType" /usr/bin/tao_idl: "/home/cliff/dev/orocos-rtt-1.10.2/src/corba/ControlTask.idl", line 195: spelling differs from IDL keyword only in case: "alias"

Resolving the 2 idl files and DataFlowI.h/cpp allows compiling and installation, but I have not tested the results fully.

On Wed, Dec 9, 2009 at 23:52, <clifford [dot] w [dot] wong [..] ...> wrote:
> Just updated my system to OpenSuse 11.2 with the provided binaries (from their build service) of ace-tao 5.7.5-13.1. Appears the ace-tao IDLs were updated (??) and there are some keyword conflicts. My build exposed 2 conflicts (default build with CORBA enabled):
>
> /usr/bin/tao_idl: "/home/cliff/dev/orocos-rtt-1.10.2/src/corba/DataFlow.idl", line 52: spelling differs from IDL keyword only in case: "PortType"
> /usr/bin/tao_idl: "/home/cliff/dev/orocos-rtt-1.10.2/src/corba/DataFlow.idl", line 93: spelling differs from IDL keyword only in case: "PortType"
> /usr/bin/tao_idl: "/home/cliff/dev/orocos-rtt-1.10.2/src/corba/ControlTask.idl", line 195: spelling differs from IDL keyword only in case: "alias"
>
> Resolving the 2 idl files and DataFlowI.h/cpp allows compiling and installation, but I have not tested the results fully.

Rats. The alias thing is easy to solve, but PortType is more annoying
with respect to backwards compatibility. In the 2.0 branch, PortType
has been renamed to 'CPortType' (C stands for Corba) in order to avoid
conflicts with the pure C++ types.

Maybe this can be fixed with passing an option to tao_idl to disable
CORBA 3 support, but I couldn't find any on
https://svn.dre.vanderbilt.edu/viewvc/Middleware/trunk/TAO/docs/compiler...

Peter

Possible 1.10.x and

Makes sense, I'll play around with the disable option (considering some web report says it's ignored on some distro versions).

I renamed manually as you pointed out and it works as normal.

Makes sense, I'll play around with the disable option (considering web reports say the flag is ignored on some distro versions).

I renamed manually as you pointed out and it works as normal.

Just updated my system to OpenSuse 11.2 with the provided binaries (from their build service) of ace-tao 5.7.5-13.1. Appears the ace-tao IDLs were updated (??) and there are some keyword conflicts. My build exposed 2 conflicts (default build with CORBA enabled):

/usr/bin/tao_idl: "/home/cliff/dev/orocos-rtt-1.10.2/src/corba/DataFlow.idl", line 52: spelling differs from IDL keyword only in case: "PortType"
/usr/bin/tao_idl: "/home/cliff/dev/orocos-rtt-1.10.2/src/corba/DataFlow.idl", line 93: spelling differs from IDL keyword only in case: "PortType"
/usr/bin/tao_idl: "/home/cliff/dev/orocos-rtt-1.10.2/src/corba/ControlTask.idl", line 195: spelling differs from IDL keyword only in case: "alias"

Resolving the 2 idl files and DataFlowI.h/cpp allows compiling and installation, but I have not tested the results fully.