Report on installing orocos under Win7, VS2010, boost 1.47

Hi,

here is my report on installing orocos under Win7, VS2010, boost 1.47. I hope someone can use it.
- basicly I followed http://www.orocos.org/wiki/rtt/rtt-ms-windows/compiling-windows-visual-studio
- I didn't install ACE/TAO
- the latest Installer for boost was version 1.47 while boost 1.50.0 is available as souces. I tried with the 1.50.0 files but this leads to a different file structure than required by the cmake files. So I chosse the 1.47 installer.
- first cmake didn't find boost. I had to add these settings to orocos-rtt.cmake to make cmake pass:
set(Boost_INCLUDE_DIR "C:/orocos/boost_1_47")
set(BOOST_LIBRARYDIR "C:/orocos/boost_1_47/lib")
set(Boost_COMPILER "-vc100")
- compiling with VC2010 ran without problems
- I got these files in C:\orocos\orocos-toolchain-2.5.0\rtt\build\rtt
\Release\ :
orocos-rtt-win32.dll 774kB
orocos-rtt-win32.exp 396kB
orocos-rtt-win32.lib 657kB

\Debug\ :
orocos-rtt-win32d.dll 2.948kB
orocos-rtt-win32d.exp 396kB
orocos-rtt-win32d.ilk 16.406kB
orocos-rtt-win32d.lib 658kB
orocos-rtt-win32d.pdb 23.860kB

I didn't work with orocos yet so I would grateful if there was a small application to test the installation.

Martin

Report on installing orocos

Hi,

for the above report I forgot to build OCL. Without this I could not build the hello world example. While building OCL I get a linker error, telling it can't find imported_orocos-rtt-win32_dynamic-NOTFOUND.obj. Serching for this filename in the orocos toolchain path I get a number of vcxproj files that are all generated by the cmake run. So I guess the problem is there. But serching the cmake output I get no hint on this. Also I can't find which cmake file generates the import file list.

Can anybody help me and give me a way to solve this?

Thanks a lot

Martin