RTT examples build after 1.10 CMake RTT build

I have tried following the 1.10 CMake instructions (details below) and encountered some issues with RTT examples.

• Makefiles: "OROPATH = /usr/local/orocos" instead of "OROPATH = /usr/local", or maybe my installation has gone to incorrect place.
  • Makefiles: -gnulinux suffix required in "OROFLAGS= -Wall -g `PKG_CONFIG_PATH=\${OROPATH}/lib/pkgconfig pkg-config orocos-ocl-gnulinux orocos-rtt-gnulinux --cflags`", etc, or maybe links from -gnulinux.so files should have been created.
  • Makefiles: "simpletask: simpletask.o \${OROPATH}/lib/liborocos-rtt-gnulinux.so" instead of "simpletask: simpletask.o ${OROPATH}/lib/liborocos-rtt.a", etc.
  • TaskIntro.cxx: "#include <pkgconf/system.h>" fails, because file does not exist.

While I can fix the -gnulinux problem temporarily, might that not cause portability problems with project builds/Makefiles in the future?

The OCL manual specifically refers to the task-intro example, so should I assume that I am doing something wrong in order to break its build?

Thanks, /Alex

Setup info...

orocos-ocl-1.10.1 orocos-rtt-1.10.1 rtt-examples-1.0.1 rtt-exercises-1.10.0

---RTT--- mkdir build cd build

cmake .. -DOROCOS_TARGET=gnulinux -DENABLE_CORBA=ON -DCORBA_IMPLEMENTATION=TAO make && make install

cmake .. -DENABLE_TESTS=ON -DOROCOS_TARGET=gnulinux -DENABLE_CORBA=ON -DCORBA_IMPLEMENTATION=TAO make check

---OCL--- cmake . -DOROCOS_TARGET=gnulinux make && make install

On Wed, Nov 4, 2009 at 18:16, <alex [dot] stark [..] ...> wrote:

> I have tried following the 1.10 CMake instructions (details below) and
> encountered some issues with RTT examples.
>
>
Thanks for reporting. Due to an error in the link on the website, you
downloaded the 1.0.1 release of the examples instead of 1.10.0 release.
Please download it again, I think you'll have a better experience now !

Peter

I have tried following the 1.10 CMake instructions (details below) and encountered some issues with RTT examples.

* Makefiles: "OROPATH = /usr/local/orocos" instead of "OROPATH = /usr/local", or maybe my installation has gone to incorrect place.

* Makefiles: -gnulinux suffix required in "OROFLAGS= -Wall -g `PKG_CONFIG_PATH=\${OROPATH}/lib/pkgconfig pkg-config orocos-ocl-gnulinux orocos-rtt-gnulinux --cflags`", etc, or maybe links from -gnulinux.so files should have been created.

* Makefiles: "simpletask: simpletask.o \${OROPATH}/lib/liborocos-rtt-gnulinux.so" instead of "simpletask: simpletask.o ${OROPATH}/lib/liborocos-rtt.a", etc.

* TaskIntro.cxx: "#include <pkgconf/system.h>" fails, because file does not exist.

While I can fix the -gnulinux problem temporarily, might that not cause portability problems with project builds/Makefiles in the future?

The OCL manual specifically refers to the task-intro example, so should I assume that I am doing something wrong in order to break its build?

Thanks,
/Alex

Setup info...

orocos-ocl-1.10.1
orocos-rtt-1.10.1
rtt-examples-1.0.1
rtt-exercises-1.10.0

---RTT---
mkdir build
cd build

cmake .. -DOROCOS_TARGET=gnulinux -DENABLE_CORBA=ON -DCORBA_IMPLEMENTATION=TAO
make && make install

cmake .. -DENABLE_TESTS=ON -DOROCOS_TARGET=gnulinux -DENABLE_CORBA=ON -DCORBA_IMPLEMENTATION=TAO
make check

---OCL---
cmake . -DOROCOS_TARGET=gnulinux
make && make install