Kinematics and Dynamics Library 1.0.2 Released!
|Submitted by Ruben Smits on Thu, 2010-02-25 10:15|
The Orocos development team is pleased to announce the second bug fix release of the Kinematics and Dynamics library v1.0, a C++ library for 6D geometry calculations, building kinematics and dynamic models and doing inverse and forward calculations in a real-time context.
A lot of bugs have been reported and fixed. Upgrading is recommended if you use the python-bindings, cmake 2.8 and the inverse velocity solvers.
The new release can be downloaded from http://people.mech.kuleuven.be/~rsmits/kdl/orocos-kdl-1.0.2-src.tar.bz2 You can find the installation instructions on http://www.orocos.org/kdl/Installation_Manual. The user manual is located on http://www.orocos.org/kdl/User_Manual.
Most prominent fixes were:
- fix Bug 713 - Weighted DLS solver: Weight matrix doc, applied Attachment 522, from Adolfo
- Applied 0001-Add-functions-to-match-Vector2-interface-to-Vector.patch, from Stephen
- Applied 0001-Correct-const-ness-of-quaternion-function-in-Frame.patch, from Stephen
- Only build bindings if SIP_IS_GOOD
- fix wrong initial size in jacobian
- fix tests
- try to fix compilation of kdl in win32 with mingw
- Fix building the bindings with cmake 2.4 and cmake 2.6
- Fix for Bug 743: Python bindings crash when printing a Jacobian, use a stringstream instead of charbuffer
- fix multiplication bug, thanks Baris for reporting
- fix installation problems due to: Default path behavior has changed between CMake 2.8 and 2.6., thanks Stephen for the patch