RTAI path hardcoded in CMake files

The location of the RTAI headers and libraries seems to be somewhat hardcoded in check_depend.cmake. Normally this hasn&#39;t been a problem for us, but we recently setup a new Ubuntu 8.10 box and saw that RTAI 3.6 was available as a Ubuntu package... which installs headers to &#39;/usr/include/rtai&#39;. So the line in check_depend.cmake:<br>
<br>IF(EXISTS ${RTAI_INSTALL_DIR}/include/rtai_lxrt.h)<br><br>is problematic because the Ubuntu package locates the the same file here:<br><br>/usr/include/rtai/rtai_lxrt.h<br><br>I have temporarily hacked check_depend.cmake to get it to compile but I saw an earlier thread where a similar issue was addressed for Xenomai. Just an FYI.<br>
<br>J.D. Yamokoski<br><br><br><br>

RTAI path hardcoded in CMake files

On Thursday 22 January 2009 21:17:19 John Yamokoski wrote:
> The location of the RTAI headers and libraries seems to be somewhat
> hardcoded in check_depend.cmake. Normally this hasn't been a problem for
> us, but we recently setup a new Ubuntu 8.10 box and saw that RTAI 3.6 was
> available as a Ubuntu package... which installs headers to
> '/usr/include/rtai'. So the line in check_depend.cmake:
>
> IF(EXISTS ${RTAI_INSTALL_DIR}/include/rtai_lxrt.h)
>
> is problematic because the Ubuntu package locates the the same file here:
>
> /usr/include/rtai/rtai_lxrt.h

Would you dare to try this patch against a clean checkout of
check_depend.cmake ?

Be warned. I took the liberty of not testing it :-)

Peter

RTAI path hardcoded in CMake files

On Thursday, January 22, 2009, at 03:17PM, "John Yamokoski" <yamokosk [..] ...> wrote:
>The location of the RTAI headers and libraries seems to be somewhat
>hardcoded in check_depend.cmake. Normally this hasn't been a problem for us,
>but we recently setup a new Ubuntu 8.10 box and saw that RTAI 3.6 was
>available as a Ubuntu package... which installs headers to
>'/usr/include/rtai'. So the line in check_depend.cmake:
>
>IF(EXISTS ${RTAI_INSTALL_DIR}/include/rtai_lxrt.h)
>
>is problematic because the Ubuntu package locates the the same file here:
>
>/usr/include/rtai/rtai_lxrt.h
>
>I have temporarily hacked check_depend.cmake to get it to compile but I saw
>an earlier thread where a similar issue was addressed for Xenomai. Just an

Thanks for the info. I did notice the RTAI hard-code paths when I did the Xenomai fix. You could almost copy that exact same patch up into the RTAI cmake search code - IIRC you would only have to change some variable names is all.

HTH
S