- European Robotics Forum 2011 Workshop on the Orocos Toolchain
- European Robotics Forum 2012: workshops
- Geometric relations semantics
- KDL wiki
- Kuka LBR user group
- Links of Orocos components
- OCL v1.x wiki
- RTT v1.x wiki
- Documentation suggestions
- Examples and Tutorials
- Frequently asked questions (FAQ)
- RTT Dictionary
- RTT on MS Windows
- The 1st RTT Developers Workshop
- The Road to RTT 2.0
- Goals for RTT 2.0
- Contribute! Which weakness have you detected in RTT?
- Contribute! Suggest a new feature to be included in RTT 2.0.
- Create Reference Application Architectures
- Detailed Roadmap
- Full distribution support
- RTT 2.0.0-beta1
- RTT 2.0.0-beta2
- RTT and OCL Cleanup
- Real time logging
- Redesign of the data flow interface
- Simplified, more robust default activities
- Streamlined Execution Flow API
- Upgrading from RTT 1.x to 2.0
- Using Eclipse and Orocos
- Using Git and Orocos
- Toolchain v2.x
- Wiki for site admins
- iTaSC wiki
Table of Contents
This page is for helping you understand what's in RTT/OCL 2.0.0-beta2 release and what's not.
See the RTT 2.0.0-beta1 page for the notes of the previous beta, these will not be repeated here.
CaveatsLike in any beta, first the bad things:
- Do not use this release on real machines !
- There are *no* guarantees for real-time operation yet.
- The API is 'pretty' stable, but the type system rework might have influences, especially on RTT 2.0 typekits (aka RTT 1.0 toolkits). This release will certainly not be binary compatible with the final 2.0.0 release.
- Do not manually upgrade your code ! Use the rtt2-converter script found on this site first.
- Reacting to Operations (former Event) is not yet possible in state machine scripts.
- This release requires CMAKE 2.6-patch3 or later
For all upgrade-related notes, see Upgrading from RTT 1.x to 2.0
Missing thingsThe final release will have these, but this one has not:
- A plugin system in RTT to load types (type kits) and plugins (like scripting, marshalling,...)
- A tool/workflow to create type kits automatically
- RT-Logging framework
- Service deployment in the DeploymentComponent
- Misc fixes/minor feature additions and better documentation
- Repackaged OCL tree. Especially, in OCL, only TaskBrowser, Reporting and DeploymentComponent are fully operational.
- Debian packages have not been updated yet
- A couple of unit tests still fail. You should see at the end:
If other tests fail, this may be because of too strict timing checks, but you can report them anyway on the orocos-dev mailing list or rtt-dev website forum.
97% tests passed, 1 tests failed out of 31 The following tests FAILED: 24 - types_test (Failed)